Team building/social clubs
While our basic trips make great team building exercises or social club outings, we can offer a range of different activities, along with budget accommodation, for a weekend with a difference, or longer.
Such activities can include mountain biking on some of the new National Cycleways; trout fishing on some of New Zealand’s most productive waters; or even walking the famous Tongariro Crossing.
A typical weekend for groups up to eight and up to 12 including all transport, accommodation and food (weather and river conditions permitting) offers the activities below:
• Five hour canoe trip on the Whanganui River from Cherry Grove to Ohinepane with lunch at Lauren’s Lavender Farm.
• Half day inflatable kayak trip on the fabulous Whakaapa River.
• Cycle the famous 42 Traverse from Taurewa to Owhango with picnic lunch en route.
• Cycle the Old Coach Road from Horopito to Ohakune and lunch at the Powderhorn Chateau.
• Cycle Fishers Track from National Park to Upper Retaruke and have a farm barbecue lunch en route.
• Ride the railcarts from Okahukura to Tokirima and get a jetboat back to Taumarunui. Lunch provided at the Tokirima Hall.
• Fish the Whanganui or Whakapapa Rivers.
• Walk the famous Tongariro Crossing and recover with a soak at the Tokaanu Hotpools.
• Play one of the best country golf courses (Tarrangower Links).
Here’s how it works:
Be collected from your place of work in our mini bus at 5 pm and be transported to Taumarunui Cossie Club for a good old fashioned burger and a few drinks in a traditional country club. Overnight in our Piriaka bunk rooms.
Big barbecue breakfast at our Piriaka base before heading out for a day of adventure from the list above.
Be transported to Kakahi for a swim in the Whakapapa River or a spot of trout fishing, before feasting on a riverbank barbecue until dark. View the incredible Kakahi glowworms, before returning to your Piriaka base. For those who have done the inflatable kayak trip and want something different, we will drop you off at the Owhango Hotel for some real country hospitality and collect you at closing time.
Try a different activity from the above list, before regrouping at Piriaka at 4 pm for the trip home.
Pricing depends on the number of participants and the chosen activities. While food and beverages are including, any alcohol is at your own expense. (Note a mininum number of seven applies and Blazing Paddles Canoe Adventures reserves the right to change the activities mix on health and safety grounds, depending on river and weather conditions at the time.
Call now to find out more:
To get a firm price, call us now on 0800 252 946 to discuss your options. Pricing is based on the minimum number and progressively reduces per person, so parties of 10, for example, will pay less than seven. Larger parties may be split over two or more vehicles or accommodation options, but will be generally be able to participate in the same activity each day.